10 Simple Ways To Prevent Tennis Elbow
Ask anyone who suffers from tennis elbow and they will tell you that it is extremely painful and it restricts the way they live. Tennis elbow can cause temporary or chronic pain and if you happen to suffer with this you will do anything to get rid of it. Nobody wants to get tennis elbow and the purpose of this article is to provide you with all the information you need to prevent tennis elbow.
Top Tips for Preventing Tennis Elbow:
1. Stay in shape. Keeping your muscles and body fit and healthy is one way to prevent tennis elbow.
2. Don’t overwork your elbow. If you are an active sports players and you haven’t played for a while make sure that you take it easy. It may take a number of weeks before you regain the form that you previously had.
3. Keep the muscles in your arms strong. This will help to take away some of the stress that your elbow receives when playing sports. It will also help if you keep your shoulders and upper back too as these muscles are required in sports too.
4. Try not to overuse your arms. It is repeated arm movements that cause tennis elbow and this is because repeated movements tend to stress and injure the tendons. If at all possible try switching arms and if this is not possible and you are playing a sport that requires a lot of arm movement make sure to take plenty of breaks during your game.
5. Whenever you are lifting something make sure that you keep your palms facing your body. By doing it this way you won’t cause as much strain on the tendons of your arm.
6. Before you play any sports that require continued use of your arms such as tennis or golf, you need to stretch.
7. Whenever you are using equipment, you need to ensure that you are using equipment that is appropriate for your own personal strength and ability.
8. Always make sure that when playing sports that you learn the correct techniques and that you use them. Using the correct techniques will help to prevent injuries and of course prevent tennis elbow.
9. If you think that you are starting to get some tennis elbow symptoms then you should try to use a counter-force brace, only for the first few days. This is a type of brace that is worn below your elbow to help distribute the pressure throughout your entire arm. This then eases any pressure on your tendon and helps prevent tennis elbow symptoms for getting any worse. You will need to make sure that you don’t have your brace too tight as it will stop the circulation.
10. If you feel any pain you need to stop whatever you are doing because it is the action that causes the pain.
If you follow these ten simple tips you are well on your way to the prevention of tennis elbow.
…if you already suffer from tennis elbow and you are serious about curing your tennis elbow and want to learn a step-by-step, instructional approach (with Videos & DVD Tutorials) from the comfort of your own home…Google+